Snapshots of Operations
Iron Ore Sales
By an off-take agreement with ZCM Minerals Sdn Bhd and Phoenix Lake Sbn. Bhd. of Kuantan, Pahang, for the sale or raw iorn ore an ex-mine basis (from Mengapur Mine), Malaco sold 7,195,387.84 million tonnes of the raw iron ore to the two companies for the period Oct 2010-Oct 2014:-
|ZCM Minerals Sdn Bhd
Phoenix Lake Sdn Bhd
|RM 21,094,657.63 Million
RM 203,187,516.00 Million
RM 233.76 Million
The sale of raw iron ore is currently continued at the rate of approximately 163,000 tonnes per month with a gross value of RM 4.50 million
Gold Mining & Exploration
Malaco acquired a mining lease on 8 April 2013 to operate the gold mine at the Sungai Jabau Gold mine in Rompin, Pahang.Exploration work at the Sungai Jabau Gold mine is still on-going.
Mt Cuthbert Copper Mine
In 2013, Malaco acquired Cape Lambert Leichhardt Pty Ltd, which owns the Mt Cuthbert copper mine near Mt Isa, Queensland, Australia. The company later changed its name to Malaco Leichhardt Pty Ltd.
The following assets came along with the asquisition of Mt Cuthbert copper mine:-
• The established oxide open pit at Mt Watson, some 30kms N of the Leichardt processing plant.
• The Leichardt proccessing plant at Mt Cuthbert includes a heap leach, solvent extraction and electrowinning (”SX EW”) facility.
• The copper cathode processing plant has a proven capacity of 9,000tpa copper metal, with potential to further increase capacity via modular expansions.
• Granted tenements covering over 800sq kms within the highly prospective Mt Isa Inlier. A systematic evaluation of the existing exploration data with the objective of defining drill targets to increase the copper oxide and sulphide inventory bases is planned.
• The project includes access roads, airstrip, dedicated electrical power, grinding circuits, copper cathode processing plant and administration offices and 110 person site accommodation.